Drama doesn’t just walk into your life
Drama doesn’t just walk into your life out of nowhere, you either create it, invite it, or associate with people that bring it…
What does this mean? Does it mean anything? Or is it just a glib, facile attempt at trying to sound deep, meaningful and thought-provoking?
Yes! It is both of these things. all of these things, it depends on your state-of-mind, on your personal attitude and your receptiveness to new ideas and positivity.
Let us begin by defining “drama”.
- a composition in prose or verse presenting in dialogue or pantomime a story involving conflict or contrast of character, especially one intended to be acted on the stage; a play.
- the branch of literature having such compositions as its subject; dramatic art or representation.
- the art dealing with the writing and production of plays.
- any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results:the drama of a murder trial.
- the quality of being dramatic.
For the purposes of this article; the fourth definition is most pertinent. If you encounter a series of events or happenings in your life that cause you joy, sadness or stress in any combination then you are having a drama.
What you make of this drama is up to you. If it is a joyous event, do you welcome it with open arms and thank your lucky stars? If it is a sad event, do you rue the day and think that bad things always happen to you?
It is important that you celebrate the joyous moment, they may not come along very often. But, do not regret the bad. Everybody has a bad day. Turn it to your advantage. Every bad situation is an opportunity; a lesson you can learn from.
Why is it that some people always fall on their feet? Are they just lucky? Luck is a matter of hard work; the harder you work, the luckier you get.
Yes, associate with people who appear lucky, you will learn from them. Their, apparent, luck will rub-off on you. Never make a drama out of a crisis. The crisis was a mistake, learn from it. In future that drama will be a good thing, a positive thing.
A positive mindset is a real asset. Make use of it.
Drama can always be beneficial, if you have the mindset to control it, to love it, to nurture it. Seize the opportunity, don’t turn a drama into a crisis, turn it to your advantage.